Monday, October 12, 2009

Someone gets it. In France

So Renault is firing the first shot (in my opinion) to the other automakers. Rather than try to calculate how much of a premium people would be willing to pay for EV versions of production cars, they have found a way to price the EV version cheaper than the non-EV version (with subsidies, but whatever works). I'm not saying that I think the battery swapping idea is the answer, but I like the direction that they are heading here and I hope that the momentum builds. I believe that EV's can really transform a significant percentage of the cars on the road, with ideas like this. Making it a premium to the consumer is just going to delay everything.

I guess I'm on a cross post frenzy these days (lots to comment on). Thanks to All Cars Electric, home of #412.




No comments:

Post a Comment