Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meet The Press

So my few seconds of Mini-E fame are being extended a bot more. I guess over the course of the year, all of our local papers, etc will find us all. But I was pleased to have about a 20 min conversation while driving home in the Mini-E (Motorola T505 adapter) with David Welch of BuisinessWeek.com. We spoke about a number of my experiences with #269 including a discussion of wether or not we would be able to gather enough data through the test to evaluate the economic impact of driving electric -vs- gasoline, and wether the premium could be justified, that auto makers are happy to add on top of a price that is for building a completely different car (hybrid example). Even in the BMW follow-up questionnaire recently one of the questions was misquote-"would you be willing to pay a 25% premium", which to me is a horrible question coming from the entire wrong direction.

But anyway in our similar conversation is where my quote in the article came from. I have no problem with his use if my quote, I just found it funny. It is essentially still true as a stand alone statement. I am off to Montreal tomorrow for a bachelor party where I will be constantly asked the same question many of you are "So you are paying for their test?" to which I answer "YES".

As someone else said, there will be lots of people who get to read about our experiences and studies to interpret our reactions to what do and write this year, but only 500 of us actually get to drive the cars. And I am very excited to be one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment